When I got asked by Kāpiti to develop a vegan dessert recipe, I was delighted! After all, what can be better than a vegan brownie slab, topped with biscuit spread and ice cream? You can hardly believe this brownie is vegan, it is so fudgey and keeps well in the fridge. If you want, you can even crumb it up and use it as an ice cream topping!
I couldn’t resist topping it off with a sexy layer of chocolate ganache. One of the best desserts I had growing up was simply an ice cream sundae with hot fudge sauce. The interplay between the hot and cold textures is just too good! This is a homage to my childhood nostalgia with a delightful dark chocolate ganache.
Like all ice cream desserts, enjoy it as soon as it’s finished! It takes a bit of time to freeze all the different layers, but it’s an easy dessert to create. The best part is that it uses your standard pantry ingredients. No need to buy anything specific for a vegan dessert. Save the recipe for a crowd pleaser at your next dinner party!
I’d love to showcase your brownie creations. Tag @ultimateomnoms so I can give you a shoutout on Instagram!
Vegan ice cream brownie
- 140 g standard flour
- 190 g castor sugar
- 20 g dutch cocoa powder
- 80 g canola oil
- 200 g melted vegan dark chocolate
- 240 ml almond milk or any dairy-free milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 g cookie butter
- 1 litre ice cream
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a large bowl
- Mix the wet ingredients in another bowl
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together until just combined
- Pour the batter into a brownie pan and bake at 180°C for 30 min
- Leave to cool in the pan
- Once ready, slather a generous amount of biscuit spread on top of the brownie
- Put the brownie into the freezer to harden
- Once hardened, add a thick layer of ice cream on top of the biscuit spread
- Leave in the freezer until firm
- Once ready, slice the brownie into slabs and drizzle with chocolate sauce
- Serve and enjoy immediately