If there’s one thing lockdown has taught us, is that home cafe is where it’s at! Matcha and strawberry is one of the best flavour combos. The sweet tartness of the strawberries smooths out the slight bitter profile of matcha. If it isn’t strawberry season where you are, frozen strawberries are just as good in this drink!
It’s all about creating different layers of textures in the drink. The strawberry puree creates a beautiful aesthetic at the bottom, layered with matcha tea and strawberry milk on top.
Share the matcha love. Tag your drink creation with @ultimateomnoms on Instagram so I can give you a shoutout!
Strawberry matcha latte
- 150g frozen strawberries
- 2 Tbsp hot water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup strawberry puree
- 1 tsp
- Add the frozen strawberries and hot water in the blender. Blitz to gently thaw the frozen strawberries
- Add in the milk and condensed milk until well combined
- Whisk matcha in hot water until frothy
- To assemble, layer the strawberry puree, ice, strawberry milk, and matcha. Enjoy!