This is one recipe you want to keep. Work smarter not harder in the kitchen right?Jump to Recipe
It ticks all the boxes: common kitchen ingredients, minimal equipment (you don’t even need a mixer!), can be made and frozen ahead of time to pipe for events. I’ve made these with kids in a small kitchen with no fuss. AND the cupcakes come out super soft and moist.
It’s the water in the recipe, keeping the cupcakes nice and moist. It could make pouring into the cupcake liners tricky, but an ice cream scoop or large spoon would do just the trick.
Enjoy the baking! Remember to tag @ultimateomnoms on Instagram so I can see your beautiful creations and give you a shoutout.
Soft and fluffy vanilla cupcakes
- 325 g standard flour
- 380 g sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 240 ml milk
- 120 ml vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 240 ml water
- Preheat your oven to 175°C and line your cupcake tray.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl: flour, sugar, baking powder, salt.
- Mix the wet ingredients in another bowl: milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, eggs.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- While the mixer is on low speed, slowly add the water into the batter. Make sure to scrape down the bottom and sides to make sure the dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Fill the cupcake liners about 3/4 way to the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Eat these delicious cupcakes by itself or leave to cool completely and make pretty with your favourite icing.