Potato chips, dark chocolate and cookie seems like an unlikely trio, but if you love both sweet and savoury snacks – this is THE recipe for you. It’s like a platter party in your mouth. The best thing is: it’s super easy to make. You don’t even need a mixer! Just a few bowls and a spoon is all you need.
As much as I love baking, I would always choose something savoury over sweet treats. Potato chips are my go-to. Call me basic, but ready salted is my favourite flavour! I like tasting the potato flavour in my chips, without the overwhelming flavouring.
This cookie has got that sweet/salty balance, and the potato chips give it a perfect crunch that pairs with the soft cookie.
If you’re after a different sort of cookie, give this recipe a go! Tag your cookie creations with @ultimateomnoms on Instagram, I’d love to see it and give you a shoutout.
Potato Chip Compost Cookie
- 280 g standard flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cornflour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 170 g unsalted butter
- 135 g brown sugar
- 100 g castor sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 packet chips
- 150 g dark chocolate
- Mix the flour, baking soda, cornflour and salt in a bowl
- In another bowl mix the melted butter, brown sugar and castor sugar until all lumps are gone
- Mix in the egg and egg yolk, then the vanilla extract
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together
- Break up the chocolate and add it in
- Chop the chocolate, crush the potato chips and combine
- With an ice-cream scoop, roll into balls
- Cover and chill in the fridge for a few hours
- Before baking, add extra chips on top for added crunch
- Bake at 170°C for 12-15min. Remember they will continue to bake on the cookie sheet so it's ok if they look soft when you first take them out