Normally for Shrove Tuesday/Pancake Tuesday I make an army of penguin waffles with my kids at school.
As a colleague always swears by using warm milk to make fluffy pancakes, I have adopted this approach. Not sure what the science is behind it, but it seems to work! Feel free to save this recipe for an easy way to entertain the kids. Use less flour (maybe 250g) if you are making pancakes but I like a nice firm waffle to make the penguin face come alive!
Enjoy the recipe!
- 300 g standard flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 120 g sugar
- 360 ml warm milk
- 75 g butter (melted)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Mix the dry ingredients together
- Beat the eggs and combine with the rest of the wet ingredients
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry bowl and mix until combined
- Pour the batter into preheated waffle maker and let it work its magic 🌟
- Enjoy! Best served when hot and crispy on the outside