Published on March 4th, 2021 | by Ultimate OmNoms0
Popular in Japan: a decadent silky chocolate made from chocolate and cream with a dusting of cocoa powder.
We can’t fly to Japan, so we can only make what we crave 😛. I made this with Whittakers 62% dark cacao chocolate instead of 70% as suggested in the recipe because I don’t like it too bitter. For this recipe it’s important to use good quality chocolate with cocoa butter rather than chocolate melts with vegetable fat.
I followed the recipe from Just One Cookbook – super easy with only 4 ingredients. Here’s the recipe converted in metric measurements:
– 395g dark chocolate
– 180g fresh cream
– 1 Tbsp liqueur (optional but I used frangelico)
– Cocoa powder to sprinkle
1. Cut the chocolate into chunks so it melts easier
2. Whisk the cream over medium heat but don’t let it boil
3. Add the chocolate in the cream until completely smooth
4. Add in liqueur
5. Pour into a square pan and refrigerate until firm – about 5 hours
6. Sprinkle with cocoa powder and it’s ready to be cut and served!