This fluffy egg mayo burger is super easy to make. The filling is melt-in-the-mouth delicious. It’s nutritious and perfect for school lunches, or as a breakfast burger. You can make the fluffy buns using the soft milk bread recipe or use fresh store bought ones.
Using hard boiled eggs, the secret is to mash the egg yolk with mayo or aioli to create a creamy spread. Then chop up the egg bites into chunky pieces, add salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with dried parsley flakes.
And that’s it! Fill each bun generous with your filling and it’s ready to dig in. You can make the filling ahead of time – it stores well in the fridge for about 2-3 days.
If you love bread recipes, check out more recipes here, it has my favourite cha siu bao filling. If you create these morsels of deliciousness, tag @ultimateomnoms on Instagram so I can give you a shoutout!
Fluffy Egg Mayo Burger
- 6 eggs (room temperature)
- 4 tbsp mayonaise
- salt & pepper to taste
- dried parsley flakes
- Boil the eggs for about 8 minutes
- Submerge the eggs in an ice water bath and allow to cool before peeling
- Separating the egg yolks, use a fork to mash them
- Dice the remaining egg whites into chunky bits
- Mix the egg whites and egg yolks together in a bowl with mayonnaise. Add salt and pepper to taste
- Assemble on your burger and add parsley flakes