What could be a better pairing than ice cream and cookie? Cornflakes! You get a wonderful crunch that pairs beautifully with the soft cookie and ice cream.
An ice cream cookie sandwich is great. But a vegan ice cream sandwich? Even better. It uses only your average household ingredients without the need to buy specialised “vegan ingredients”.
This recipe was developed for Kāpiti as part of their vegan dessert range. But vegan or not, you can fill these delicious morsels with your favourite ice cream flavour. Or you can simply make the cornflake cookies on its own.
If you’re not a stickler for vegan cookies, give this chewy cookie recipe a go. Or if you’re adventurous, try the trending mochi cookie recipe or potato chip compost cookie. I love every single one of these recipes and they have been requested multiple times by my friends and family.
If you make the cookies, I’d love to showcase your creations. Tag @ultimateomnoms so I can give you a shoutout on Instagram!
Cornflake cookie ice cream sandwich
- 85 g cornflakes
- 20 g castor sugar
- 2 g salt
- 65 g dairy-free butter
- 240 g standard flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 100 g castor sugar
- 110 g brown sugar
- 60 ml almond milk or any dairy-free milk
- 55 g vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 60 g vegan white chocolate drops
- 1 L ice cream
- Partially crush the cornflakes and toss with sugar, salt and melted butter
- Spread on a tray and bake for 20 min at 140°C
- Leave to cool
- Scoop the ice cream into round cookie cutters to take the shape of the cookies
- Freeze the ice cream
- Combine the dry ingredients of the cookie dough in a bowl
- Mixed the wet ingredients together
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients together to form a dough ball
- Refrigerate for 2 hours to prevent cookies from spreading when baking
- Incorporate the cornflake clusters into the cookie dough
- Use an ice cream scoop to form cookie balls
- Bake at 170°C for 13 minutes
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the tray
- Using two cookies, sandwich the ice cream in between
- Repeat for the other cookies
- Serve and enjoy immediately