These chocolate nests are surprisingly easy to make and have the wow factor for any cupcake or cake. Best of all, you can make them in advance and store them in the fridge for a few days until you’re ready to use them.
I made these nests for Easter cupcakes but they would be perfect for any themed cake. You only need three ingredients and they can be easily made with kids too. Check out the video below for the step by step process.
Enjoy the chocolate nests! Remember to tag @ultimateomnoms on Instagram so I can see your beautiful creations and give you a shoutout.
- 200 g vermicelli
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 120 g dark chocolate
- Line a cupcake tin with gladwrap
- Break the vermicelli into smaller strands with your hands
- Pan fry the vermicelli for a few minutes
- Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel to absorb any excess oil
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or over the stove
- Pour the vermicelli into the melted chocolate and coat completely
- Gently press the vermicelli into lined cupcake tins to create a nest shape
- Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes
- Decorate with chocolate eggs or your favourite Easter decorations