This is your call to turn your home into a fancy cafe! I got the chance to work Dole in
collaboration with the Kiwi classic Golden Crumpets to create the perfect summer crumpet.
Not going to lie – I couldn’t stop eating it when I was recipe testing! This banana cream
crumpet stack is the perfect alternative to a pancake stack – without the dripping mess. You
don’t even have to restrict it for breakfast or brunch, it’s the perfect pick me up anytime of
the day. The banana cream is a dream with toasted Golden Crumpets!
The key to a delicious banana cream is high-quality ripe bananas. And I mean riiiipe. I like
getting my bananas from Dole, being a socially and environmentally conscious company.
You may have to hide your Bobby bananas away in a secret spot so others don’t reach for
By first cooking down the Bobby bananas in a pastry cream, it lends itself to the richness
and density in the cream. Mix it gently with the fresh cream and you’ll create a perfect
dollop for your Golden Crumpets.
You can make your banana cream in advance and store it in an airtight container. It makes
the serving super fast and stress-free. The banana cream isn’t too sweet or rich, I find
myself having it just by the spoonful- it’s that delicious!
Lightly toast your Golden Crumpets so it creates the warm but slightly crispy base for your
crumpet stack. The warm base with the chilled banana cream is just delightful!
Top it off with your choice of chocolate sauce and a generous sprinkle of chocolate for extra
Give this Dole x Golden Crumpet recipe a go at home. It’s so versatile and easy to make,
making it the perfect summer creation!
Banana cream crumpet stack
- 1 Dole ripe banana
- 35 g fresh cream
- 30 ml milk
- 50 g castor sugar
- 12 g cornflour
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg yolk
- Pinch of salt
- 20 g unsalted butter (room temperature)
- Few drops of yellow food colouring
- 80 g fresh cream
- 30 g icing sugar
- 6 Golden Crumpets
- chocolate sauce
- 50g chopped up chocolate
- Blend the Dole banana, cream and milk until smooth
- Add the castor sugar, cornflour, vanilla extract, egg yolk and salt in the banana mixture and blend until just combined
- Pour the combined banana mixture in a saucepan and whisk over medium heat until thickened
- Add the banana mixture back in the cleaned blender and add the butter. Blend until smooth
- Add a few drops of yellow food colouring until a desired yellow colour is reached (otherwise the banana cream will turn gray!)
- Cool completely in the fridge
- In a separate bowl, whip the fresh cream with icing sugar
- Add the cooled banana mixture in the whipped cream and gently whisk until combined
- To assemble, toast the Golden crumpets
- Stack the Golden crumpets on a plate. Add a generous dollop of Dole banana cream with chocolate sauce and chopped chocolate to garnish