Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/ultim869/public_html/wp-content/themes/gonzo/single.php on line 52
Published on August 4th, 2015 | by Ultimate OmNoms0
Auckland Restaurant Month – Top picks for your $25 worth
Woohoo! August means it’s Auckland Restaurant Month. This year, it’s come even faster since July was so jam packed with its own foodie events.
There are some amazing fancy events but unless you’re willing to shell out $200-$300 on a single dinner per person, you’re going to want to check out the full list of menus here. I’ve also put together a list of the best deals at $25. The ones accompanied by photos are the ones I’ve been to and can vouch for their deliciousness. With these and other deals, I’m looking forward to trying places I’m normally too broke to try!
1. Depot– 2 courses lunch/dinner including oysters and clams from the raw bar and two original Depot fish sliders with preserved lemon mayo.
3. Federal Delicatessen – 2 course lunch/dinner – Including matzo ball soup and a deli-meal of pastrami, rotisserie chicken, creamy slaw and poutine
4. Mexico – 2 course lunch/dinner including taco al Arabe with grilled lamb shoulder and watermelon and poached prawn tostada with chipotle crema.
5. Botswanna Butchery – 2 course lunch including crispy squid with chili tamarind sauce and smoked beef brisket tacos.
6. Orleans – 2 course lunch/dinner including BBQ skate wings with blackened carrot and chocolate and cherry meringue pie.